Regarded as one of the very best Pulmonaria cultivars available, Pulmonaria 'Raspberry Splash' (Lungwort) is a clump-forming, semi-evergreen perennial of fairly upright growth habit, with dazzling clusters of raspberry-pink and soft purple flowers in spring. Strong-growing, it forms a brilliant foliage mound of long, deep green leaves that are dramatically spotted in silver, and remain attractive throughout the entire growing season if cut back after blooming. Evergreen in mild winter regions, this plant is noted for its resistance to powdery mildew and is an excellent choice for shady gardens.
- Grows up to 10-12 in. tall (25-30 cm) and 16-24 in. wide (40-60 cm). Plants spread slowly by creeping roots.
‹ Resilient to most pests, deer resistant and is easy to care for.
- A part shade or full shade lover, it thrives in organically rich, moist and well-drained soils. Dry soils to be avoided! A cool site in partial shade or shade is preferred.
• A remarkably low-maintenance plant, this excellent performer may be massed as a ground cover. Perfect for shaded beds and borders, banks and slopes, rock gardens or as an edging plant for shady paths.
- Propagate by division after flowering or in fall
- Remove flower stems immediately after bloom.
Cut back after flowering.
Pulmonaria 'Raspberry Splash'
Common Name Lungwort Plant Type Perennial Zone 3-9 Height 10-12"
Growth Habit Upright, Clumping Growth Rate Slow/Medium Bloom Time Spring (Mid, Late) Light
Part Shade (4-6 hrs. Direct Sun)
Full Shade (< 4 hrs. Direct Sun)
Consistenly Moist, well-drained
Deer, Rabbit Tolerance Uses
Banks and Slopes,
Not Native to North America